Monday 30 June 2014

Monday: Birkenstock Kay Clogs With A Soft Footbed

Yes, I've talked about Birkenstocks until I'm blue in the face but I did end up buying *another* pair the other week directly from their website.  The clogs in question are a style called Kay which boast a soft footbed (i.e. an extra layer of latex under the suede insole) and I agree with the lady from QVC, it is very much like stepping onto a memory foam mattress.  I have often felt like strapping two mattresses to my feet and leaping around like Zebedee, but have fought off the urge so far.

As you can see they are a bit of a tobacco colour, also, despite being the regular width, they're fairly wide and I'm rattling around in them somewhat.

There you go - a side shot.  Actually the sole unit reminds me of Oreo biscuits.  Yum.  You will undoubtedly see the back strap which can either be positioned behind the heel or shortened and pushed back over the upper(!)  I'll let you know how comfortable they prove to be.  They do make my feet look huge though but I'm used to it, so there!

No comments:

Post a Comment