Friday 11 January 2013

Friday: hair, eyebrows and shiny patent red shoes!

Yes, I know that I don't write a great deal these days and I'm truly sorry but it's all part and parcel with choosing such a niche subject for discursive mutterings.  Anyway, today I dropped my son off at school, did a walking circuit of the borough's largest park and moseyed on to the hairdressers.  I always like sitting in such places and often feel quite self-conscious - I suppose it's because I've never been comfortable with the idea of beauty and all that lark - quite a few girls in my school went onto become hairdressers and beauticians (not doctors, lawyers and architects like the grammar school contingent - grr!) and it feels like I'm back in the 80s again.  There were two girls sitting in there - one having her hair done and the other, her friend, waiting for her.  They discussed where they were planning to go for a night out and one said that they couldn't abide a particular club because somebody urinated in the corner one night(!)  Lovely.

Right, hair done and it's onto eyebrows in another salon.  The place I go to is odd, but cheap - £3 compared to a whacking £7 in the main shopping centre, so being a bit of a meanie I tend to go there instead.  This morning I particularly enjoyed the soundtrack which was a pan pipe version of Celine Dion's My Heart Will Go On - which was hauntingly beautiful; it was swiftly followed by Unchained Melody, which was a treat.  Perhaps I should have signed up for their 'full body wax' which was on special offer at £30 and included legs, arms, bikini line and any other hairy areas which occur naturally on the human body.  Just imagine how sore you'd be after that?

Shoes?  Oh yeah right - I do have a new pair to share with my audience and they're the red patent version of my favourite asymmetric mary jane style from the mighty Clarks, namely Finnis.  I think they're a bit like Dorothy's ruby slippers from the Wizard of Oz, but I doubt Judy Garland sported a size 9!  I am wearing them now and yes, I agree, I wouldn't team them with turquoise socks either, but I'm only mooching around the house in them.






So, finally - how's the fitness thing going?  Well, it's ok really, although I have continued to disappoint the WiiFit by failing to lose any weight so far.  My legs and arms are toning up rather nicely and I've some rather splendid definition going on.  Actually, I purchased a new fitness game for the Wii and I'll try it out later.  Incidentally, whilst out and about today I lost count of how many people I saw jogging - it must be a new year's resolution/January thing.  One petite woman wearing only a hoodie, a brief baby blue pair of jersey 'Juicy Coutureseque' shorts and a pair of trainers, had a very round rear end but teaming it with bright red legs caused by the cold isn't a look I'd particularly like to sport.  Saying that, her bottom was very pleasing indeed and if I was a man I'd probably take up running just to keep up with her. 

No comments:

Post a Comment