Sunday 13 January 2013

Sunday: muddy biker boots and thoughts of snow

Apparently it's going to snow: the temperature's plummeted and the Duke's gone out and purchased a snow shovel from Asda so it must be serious.  The UK doesn't really cope with snowfall really well - they always tend to run out of grit and the roads become blocked as a result.  Personally my train company (that's the train service I use to commute to work on, I don't own my own railway service - this isn't the Island of Sodor!) tends to screw up at the first frosty moment, so getting stuck in London isn't really my thing, esp when one has a child languishing at school. 

We went for our weekly walk to the woods today: it's still very muddy underfoot and I wore my old biker boots as a result and have pictured them below, just in case some readers find mud caked boots exciting in any way.  Maybe you do, I personally don't judge. 


I was watching the ever-so-slightly rubbish Seeking a Friend for The End of the World which stars the svelte Brit Keira Knightly and noticed that she was wearing battered old Converse for the majority of the film and that her feet looked enormous in them.  Wondering just how big her plates were and as a result, Googling her I found a link to wikifeet: http://www.wikifeet.com/ which I've no doubt most of you must have looked at for toe related amusement.  It's strange how many blokes appear to dislike big feet on women, actually scratch that, it's not really is it?  Cinderella and all that.    Bah!

3 comments: