Friday 12 April 2013

Friday: Sore feet, blisters and general miasma

Blimey - what a week that was and no, I'm not making reference to the 1960s satirical show starring Sir David Frost et al - it was just plain shoddy (my week: not the programme).  I have made it a rule not to write about my job in any of my blogs but I will say this - management please listen to me when I say that I am really uncomfortable doing something and try to see things from my point of view - reputation is everything (apparently) in this world, but a few sensible precautions are better in the longer run.  I would also like to thank the kind person who made time for me on Wednesday afternoon after I'd walked from the City of London to Docklands - it was a really nice thing to do and I really appreciate it - thank you.

That long, somewhat unexpected walk was the main reason why my feet are so darn sore now.  I was wearing my long black boots, pictured below:

They're years old now - I think I bought them back in 2005ish so they really should be jettisoned very soon because there's no padding left in the sole unit and you can really feel the unyielding pavement under the balls of the feet.  They're DUO knee length leather boots with a 2.5 inch heel and indeed are the first pair of long boots I ever purchased because I was much lardier in the last decade and as a result, couldn't zip a standard knee-high over my chubby calves.  I Googled this issue and found a company called Duo who offered calf size boots and best of all - they sold a size 43, which on their website is described as a 10, but we all know that it's a 9, don't we?  Suffice to say that I can zip up most standard boots now as my calves remain rather slender as a result of all of the walking I do, lady luck and regular massages.

So, add an old pair of boots + a weeping woman + a long unscheduled walk and what does that =?  Well, blisters to be frank and bad ones at that.  Pretty hideous painful ones, ouch!  Please see the picture below for more detail: 

That's a lovely blister on the side of the big toe isn't it?  Ditto the other ones on the bottom of my third and fourth toes respectively.
They're still swollen too, but to be fair, they'd just returned from a walk to the shops (I was there too, my feet didn't just fly off of the bottom of my legs and make a run for it....)

They then transferred to a pair of Betula flip flops, but there's quite a lot of vein action going on there, don't you think?  Finally, I decided that a Birkenstock sole was the only way to go and am now wearing my Dorian Clogs, which I've photographed before so you'll have to scroll back in the blog for full details of those. 

No comments:

Post a Comment