Friday 31 May 2013

Friday: 7 denier appearance illusion tights

Yesterday I attended an event which I needed to dress up for, hat and all. Of course, I'd love to share the details with you, my internet public, but I cannot, more's the pity.  Anyway, as I understand it, your interest really centres around tights and feet doesn't it?  OK, well you're well-served anyway.  I wore a pair of M&S 7 denier appearance illusion tights as they went with my Boden Amalfi dress so much better than clunky opaques, but unlike their thicker friends, they weren't particularly comfortable, despite being a size XL.  They reminded me of the thinner tan and barely black nylons I used to wear when I started work, many many years ago - i.e. they were never long enough and the top seams used to chafe my inner thighs accordingly.  Perhaps you think that that would be arousing?  Well, no it's not particularly.

So, here they are - fresh out of the packet and raring to go.  At about 1pm I was enjoying a pre-drink with my husband, The Duke, and retired to the ladies - I pulled up the aforementioned hosiery and lo and behold, a huge ladder appeared! Argggghhh!  Luckily, being skin coloured it wasn't too obvious.

It rained yesterday, more's the pity and I did worry that the back of my legs would get mud splatters from walking on grass - they didn't though.  Talking of such things, quite a few of the ladies wore spiked or stiletto heels, which sunk into the sodden earth.  Some of them sported high wedges which, when allied with a substantial platform, always look like the wearer has hooves or suchlike.  Call me boring (you, never!) but I chose to wear my red patent Clarks mary jane wedges, as they're both comfortable and functional.  I realised that I'd be on my feet for the majority of the afternoon and shod myself accordingly.  I swear that I'm sounding more and more like my mother as the years roll on.

One of my colleagues didn't know what patent leather was?  Really?  Apparently not, but as I've previously discussed, I love the stuff.  Yum, shiny shiny!

1 comment: