Sunday 29 December 2013

Sunday: More Guff about Doctor Martens: Part III

Blimey, once you're interested in something you don't let up do you?  No, absolutely correct and to be honest, I'll be writing a piece about how much I love my new Nike FuelBand tomorrow or once I've drafted a few more Amazon book reviews.  What a crazy life you lead.  Well, yes, if tomorrow heralds another trip to a nearby Co-op then it'll be three branches in as many days.  Rock and roll.

Er, shoes - yes.  Well, regular readers will recall me boring regaling you with stories of my new Doctor Martens Chelsea Boots and I am pleased to report that they arrived the other day and they went for a walk on my plates of meat yesterday.  Apart from a tiny bit of pinching on the left little toe they're very comfortable indeed and here are a couple of pics for your entertainment:

Eagle eyed readers will probably notice that the leather appears a tad 'distressed' - apparently that's deliberate and the affect is called 'Greenland' and it is seemingly a very popular finish for a myriad of goods.  To keep it nice and nourished I've purchased a pot of DMs Wonder Balm from their website, as well as a pair of DM 1960 boots for The Duke, two boot keyrings(?), patent cleaner and some new laces for my patent leather Clemancys. 

Ooh look - the picture above allows the viewer a glimpse of the elastic gusset.  I bet that's an exciting term for many of you and is almost as profane as the word 'crevice'. 


No comments:

Post a Comment