Wednesday 18 December 2013

Wednesday, part two - Doctor Martens

Oh Duchess why are you so obsessed with banal things such as comfortable footwear?  Well, that's just my unique personality to be honest and as a result, it's intrinsically part of me.  To be honest, I think there's a good explanation for my behaviour, but I won't share anything on the interweb until I'm absolutely sure.

Why Doctor Martens?  I suppose it's because they sell their ladies styles in a size 9, which I always appreciate in a footwear manufacturer.  I now own four pairs: a mary jane shoe in red leather, a knee high flat boot in a style named 'Elena' and my red patent eight hole boots in a style called Clemency, which I've written about recently.  Oooh, anyway, after much humming, harring and general fiddlyfadding I have purchased a pair of these from Amazon today:

As you can see from the picture which I have copied from the website beautypea, they are a tan rough leather chelsea boot style with the same 5cm stack heel as I have on my pair of Clemency.  The reason why I opted for an elastic gusset instead of laces is because it takes me ages to fasten them and I have to leave the house in a hurry sometimes (for the school run - I'm not being chased by unseen assassins!)

Of course, I could have waited until the sales hit the official Dr Martens website and saved myself another tenner (they tend to mark their boots down by £20) but I saved £10 with an Amazon code anyway and I know that I can return them for free if they don't fit.  To be honest, the only sizes they had left in stock on the DMs website were 7 and 9 and it's just my luck that someone will purchase those before Christmas, so I'd have no choice whatsoever.  I now ensure that once I've bought something that I don't check back to see whether it's been discounted - life's too short and there's very little point worrying about such things. 

No comments:

Post a Comment