Tuesday 31 December 2013

Tuesday: Yet Another Post About Doctor Martens...

Yeah, I know that it's the last day of the year and I am getting rather obsessed, but this is my last DMs post for a white - promise! 

Anyway, yesterday a parcel turned up and this is what was inside:

The Duke's size 11 brown leather 1460s. 

Of course, with six pairs of DM footwear in the household, we'll need something to clean them with?  No?

Finally, I thought I'd purchase some lovely new keyrings, but unfortunately one was delivered broken.  Fear not, I emailed customer services straight away.


Happy New Year readers!  Here's to a much better 2014 for all of us....




7 comments:

  1. I purchased a pair of burgundy DMs from the official store on Carnaby Street a couple of years ago. They came with a promise of quality and impressive durability. Nevertheless, they are now all cracked and coming apart at the sides. What went wrong, I wonder?

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's a huge debate (well, I say *huge*, but that's probably an overstatement) that the UK produced ones are far superior to the imported ones. That said, you pay about £300 for the domestic product, so hmm. Apparently the Camden Town DMs store is all funky and interactive these days.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, the DM shop person made a point of telling me they were made in dear old England, so I assume mine are the indigenous article. In any case, they've proven themselves to be a bit rubbish. And I buffed then with the official balsam and everything.

    ReplyDelete
  4. In that case, you did everything an informed consumer should do. I'd sue the bouncing soles off of the company or even the eponymous German 'Doctor Marten/Martin' himself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My ombudsman will be hearing about this.

      Delete
    2. My ombudsman will be hearing about this.

      Delete
  5. I like the thought that you have a full complement of bowler hatted ombudsmen at your beck and call :)

    ReplyDelete