Friday 12 October 2018

Scaly Heels

Last night I filled a large white plastic washing up bowl with warm water (not the same one we use in the kitchen for soaking the dishes, believe me!) and soaked my feet in a solution of Radox bath salts for twenty-three minutes or so whilst watching the inanity of QVC on Virgin Media channel 742. I do love how excited the presenters and the 'stylist' (errr ... who gets to be one of those?) get about clothes as mundane as pull on leisure trousers or a floaty sleeved polyester-rich blouse?


I then sloughed off all of the hard skin from my heels with my Soap and Glory foot file. I had to use the portable Dyson to suck up the remains ... yum!  Anyway, a day on my feet feel deliciously soft and there's no rasping feeling against the sheets at night.

8 comments:

  1. How pleasantly smooth-looking. I must say, I really enjoy the whole business of exfoliating someone's feet. I find it meditative and enormously satisfying.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perhaps so, though not as round. I just find it quite a hypnotic process.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Or the need to have an integral cheese grater-type thing in the middle of your plastic case ...

      Delete
  3. Yes, that would be a problem for me. Do you find your penchant for Birkenstocks mitigates the build up of hard skin? Or do open-toe shoes somehow rub as much as regular kinds?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Birkies with their (patented!?) deep heel cup seem to make the dry skin around that particular area particularly bad. I don't tend to wear any other brands of sandal because they're rarely available in my size and still shudder at the memory of my feet being torn to ribbons by a pair of Dolcis sandals in The New Forest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eek. I guess this is the price one pays for the much-trumpeted health benefits of the Birkenstock. That and the actual monetary price, of course.

      Delete
  5. Oh so true; the Teutonic comfort sole has many benefits, but it's not all cork, latex and a jute lining when all's said and done.

    ReplyDelete