Friday 21 December 2012

Friday: new Adidas Samba and stocking woes!

It's starting to feel an awful lot like Christmas - well apparently that's true and if you take into consideration just how darn crowded the shops are then you'll probably agree.  Luckily I've completed the majority of my festive shopping, not that I had to do a great deal, I'm not a huge fan of buying presents for the sake of it, not because I'm mean, heaven forbid!  I'm just fed up with people trying to exchange things I've bought or just being plain ungrateful.

Regular readers will be more than aware of the problems I have with plimsoll style shoes such as Converse and Superga: mainly that the lining tends to wear out on the back of the heel which causes my socks to develop whacking great holes and leads to blisters.  Well, I have been thinking and believe that a trainer may be the answer to my prayers, as the heel lining is much thicker and as a result, more robust, so knowing my love of 'old skool' footwear I went to JD Sports and tried on some Adidas Samba suede trainers.  By happy coincidence the beige pair was on offer - £45 marked down from £57.  My husband, his Grace, The Duke likes wearing these so I thought I'd follow his lead and found them very smart indeed.  The sizing's a bit skimpy though: I tried on both the 9 and 10 and found the former a little too big and the latter far too big - perhaps I'm the Goldilocks of sports casual footwear?  Who knew?

Talking of Adidas Originals and indeed their originator, Adi Dassler, I was aware that he convened the brand and his brother invented Puma training shoes.  They both had very 'interesting' political views though.   Changing the subject swiftly from right wing politics straight back to footwear, I once owned a few pairs of Puma Mostros and loved them.  Unfortunately they were quite small fitting but they looked great.


Stocking woes: hmm - ladders, ripped stocking tops.  I'm not having a great time with them to be honest.  I am not a huge fan of 7 denier nylon - it's far too fragile for my liking.

No comments:

Post a Comment