Friday 8 February 2013

Friday: toning up and the benefits of exercise

Aren't sports socks comfy?  I thought that as I donned a pair to go with my jogging bottoms and other sports gear before playing ExerBeat after work yesterday.  For the initiated ExerBeat is a game on the Nintendo Wii console which acts as an exercise program and is made more fun by utilizing the Wii remotes to score points for perfect moves and spot on rhythm.  I've now owned it since early January and I honestly feel that I'm toning up everywhere, although the scales tell me otherwise. 


The game contains a series of different routines which are hosted by various trainers - i.e. a perky ponytailed blonde leads the aerobics section; a trendy black guy motivates the user through hip hop and the karate master is an eastern avatar with a whole host of strange, but worthy sayings such as "if you continue in this manner I can foresee great inner strength in the near future."  The boxercise bloke is blond and hunky and the pilates and yoga teachers are as calm and serene as you'd expect.  At least it's fun, my issues with exercise stem from the fact that I don't really enjoy it and therefore will go out of my way to avoid it.

No comments:

Post a Comment