Sunday 3 February 2013

Sunday: new Birkis Dorian clogs

Good morning and yes, I am currently wearing a pair of Birkenstocks?  Why on earth is that you may cry, well I'm sitting here typing in my enormous Janet Reger (hold on: not as sexy as it sounds) velvet hooded robe and my faithful red patent Birkenstock Madrids.  Even though I've owned them for quite a few years now they're still rather splendid - my favourite is the feel of the soft suede footbed sensuously caressing the sole of one's foot: yum!

OK, so I purchased a new pair of Birkenstocks, well they're Birki Dorian clogs to be exact and despite years of umming and ahhing I've never parted with any hard earned cash for a pair of Birkies which wasn't in the traditional sandal format, but knowing how much I adore the sheer comfort of these Teutonic trotters, I thought I'd go a bit wild.

I am fully aware that they're grey and emblazoned with huge ladybirds and know that it's an 'interesting' choice of footwear.  They slightly remind me of Gaston, the ladybird/dog character in the popular children's TV show Ben and Holly's Little Kingdom, but there you go.  They're very comfortable though and although they're on a narrow footbed (I tend to chose the normal ones!) they fit like a glove.  Obviously above I'm pairing them with a pair of socks, but this is what they look like without:


Finally, if you place both feet together the pattern joins!  Isn't that clever?  Who says that you don't learn anything from watching the Birkenstock shows on QVC?  Hmmm. 

No comments:

Post a Comment