Monday 18 February 2013

Monday: Birkies are back on the QVC spring preview!

Yay!  Another year and most importantly the mighty QVC seems to be previewing their spring collection for our enjoyment.  On Saturday night I recorded (yes, don't judge!) the first of their Birkenstock shows and my word, what a selection they had!  They were mostly patterned but I'm getting more into that and am sitting here typing in my Dorian ladybird clogs.  As I've said many times before I think it's the banality I adore and of course, the viewers who call in to talk about their love of the teutonic comfort sandal: one woman said that she'd had a pair of Birkies for thirteen years and had only recently thrown them out.  Seriously: ugh.  Saying that, I tend to walk everywhere and wear mine out. 

I think that it's a sad reflection on my good self that I know so much about Birkenstock - right down to their construction.  My husband, The Duke is also becoming a bit of a fan now, especially ever since he's developed plantar fascilataris (sp?) - well his tendon's gone all odd anyway.  Not a day goes by these days without a selection of different insoles arriving in the post - rock and roll!

Here's a lovely treat for you all: a picture of my now long gone red gizehs from last year.  Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment