Saturday 23 March 2013

Saturday: Snow and Stilettos

Greetings from a snowy Britain - AGAIN!!!!!  What is wrong with the weather at the moment?  I say this in the knowledge that there are several pairs of unworn Birkenstocks sitting on top of my wardrobe at the moment, who I've no doubt are wondering (in German: natch) whether they'll ever see the light of day.  Since I'm stuck in the house today I thought I may pedicure my toenails, but that would mean removing the blue on my fingernails and it's holding up quite well, so tomorrow it is.  Anyway, I doubt my tootsies would wish to be parted from their fluffy bedsocks today.

Right, OK, stop rambling and talk about shoes darlin'.  Fine, yes I will and cease hectoring me with that cod South London accent won't you?  Well, yesterday I went to the peerless 'New Look' in the shopping centre (the latter of which is becoming more and more denuded by the week) and ascended to their shoe department, which to my surprise, stocked some size 9s.  Granted they were mostly in the wide fit category and I wouldn't say that my feet were classified as so, but at least they sell them, so hurrah to all of that.





So, why on earth are you teaming turquoise socks with high heeled courts then Duchess?  Erm, that's what I was wearing at the time and remembering that you're not supposed to try shoes on 'au naturel' (that's my feet, not my general state of nudity...) it was my only option.  Well it was either that or use the cache of tan pop socks which tend to hang around shoe shops.  Actually, do they still?  Having such big feet means that I rarely, if ever, get the chance to try anything on in the shop anyway.  Sigh!  Anyway, stilettos make me wobble and I doubt if I'll ever be able to walk in them properly as I do not wish to shorten my Achilles tendon.

No comments:

Post a Comment