Friday 12 October 2012

Friday: day - blue Supergas, evening - python print boots

Yeah, I admit it - I like the attention, hence my first foray into blogging without the need to hide behind a persona, well, I suppose I am really, I'm not really a fully fledged Duchess anyway! I thought I'd share my foot, shoe, sock and hosiery in general musings with my small, but growing fan base. I must say that I'm more than delighted to do this because I've only experienced respect and admiration from the foot fan community and I adore it. The same cannot be said for our Continental Cousins who, when you state you don't post abroad get rather upset and somewhat insulting when they're rejected.... I enclose a picture of my relatively new blue Supergas - I purchased these as an alternative to my favourite plimsoll, the trusty Converse but I'm not hugely impressed so far. I did the school run on foot and also walked to the hairdressers, a round trip of some three miles or so and my poor freaky second toe on my left foot was very sore. I often experience this problem with shoes, the second toe is much longer than my big toe and hits the end of certain shoes - the worst culprits are Next who's size 9/43 has gotten much smaller over the last few years.

I am wearing my red patent Birkenstock Madrids around the house as I type: I adore these, as I do all Birkies. However, I cannot force myself to purchase a pair of their ugly shoes for use in the autumn and winter - they're too clumpy even for me. Also, how big would my feet look in a white pair of tho
se? I know that I could carry it off with my height, but I'd still look ridiculous, especially as I'm a huge fan of skinny jeans: I'd resemble a huge golf driver...(that's the sport, not the car...) I shall don my Next boots tonight for the tribute concert at my local theatre - they're three inch python print leather boots, I love them but I cannot stand for too long in them, so heaven knows how I'm supposed to survive over two hours' worth of dancing? Time will tell. Toodle pip xxx

2 comments:

  1. I am very impressed with your colour choice and although they might not have impressed so far, I am sure as time goes by they will wear in and they will learn to love your lovely feet as much as we do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you kind sir. I do wish that there was a standard size for shoes, it is really annoying at times.

      Delete