Monday 15 October 2012

Monday: Day - Sniffles, Russ Abbot, the benefits of longer socks and wearing fake Uggs

I shall complete a bulk amount of writing today because 1) it's my day off and I feel slightly run down with a cold and 2) I won't be able to write a great deal until the end of the week, hence the somewhat bumper edition of scribblings.  Music wise I'm accompanied by the mighty Russ Abbot, for all of those who don't know who this great man is, he and his titular 'Madhouse' were a stalwart of 1980s UK Saturday night entertainment.  Probably my favourite part of Mr Abbot's appearance was his rather lovely wig which I've no doubt would race towards a saucer of milk if one was proffered.  For all of you foot fans, apparently Mr Abbot once recorded a song entitled 'smelly feet' which I thought you'd all appreciate a mention of.

Shoe wise, I think I'll don some long socks and wear them with my fake Uggs.  I thought I'd enclose a photograph to illustrate this, just in case you haven't a clue what I'm talking about, but over the last couple of years I've been impressed by the comfort, security and streamlined look of a knee-length sock and I believe the comedian Rob Brydon agrees with this view.  In my opinion I'm a huge fan of them because my Next beige suede wedge boots tend to scrape my lower calf if I don't protect it with a lascivious mix of cotton, polyester and elastane.

Walking in Uggs, fake or not is a difficult operation - I read in last week's Sunday Times Style Magazine that worn, fake or not, they cause a phenomenon called 'Ugg Drag' - i.e. the foot isn't properly supported by the flimsy PU sole and therefore it affords the wearer a peculiar gait, which isn't sexy, I'm sure you'll agree?  I recall reading years ago that Uggs were originally invented in Australia as surfers' shoes to keep them warm after a long session on the board.  I'm sure they didn't charge £150 per pair on those days though! 

Until next time xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment