Friday 26 October 2012

Friday: returned defective desert boots and pink hi Converse

Today I'm sporting a pink pair of 'hi' Converse boots; I only own one pair of the boot version compared to their shoe 'lo' counterpart as, although I like them, they're much harder to get on and if you're in a rush to get out of the door, it's a bit of a nightmare.  They're very comfortable though, here's hoping that they don't get the excessive 'heel' wear my other pairs do, but saying that, they will because, as you know, I walk everywhere and conversely (boom boom!) wear things out.  Apologies for the sheer deluge of commas contained within the previous sentence, here's hoping the Government doesn't introduce a tax on punctuation, but don't suggest it - they just might....



It's sad news about my new pair of red suede desert boots because, after wearing them yesterday to work for just one day, the insole rucked up and was incredibly uncomfortable under the arch of my foot.  Therefore I returned them to the shop who gave me a full refund.  It's a real shame because I do love to support local businesses as opposed to the tax-dodging companies I tend to deal with.  Sigh!  However, it didn't necessitate a trip to the Post Office, so I'm more than delighted.  I think I'll have to do that on Monday morning if I sell some or all of my items on eBay and as you know, post office queues suck the life out of me.



Finally, a little rainy Friday treat - here's a piccie of of my feet resplendent with their Boots No17 crackle top coat polish.  I do love nail polishes - I keep them all in the fridge as I once read that it's the best place to store them.  I was very tempted to purchase a new make up kit the other day but stopped myself - it's strange, I didn't wear make-up until a few years ago and now I wear it every day unless I'm just schlepping around the house.  Eyeliner's my personal favourite as it makes my eyes stand out under my glasses as I'm very short sighted.  I bet you're all building up a strange mental picture of me now, aren't you?

Until the next time xx







No comments:

Post a Comment