Saturday 20 October 2012

Saturday: Doctor Martens Darla Boots and Guitar Lessons

Today I placed my Doctor Martens cherry red 'Darla' boots on my feet and headed off to my guitar lesson.  Although I love the look of these boots, the three inch heels are a bit too much for daily wear and the unyielding nature of the patent leather doesn't provide a particularly comfortable experience.  I am falling in love with Doctor Martens more and more - although I don't tend to wear their more traditional boots and shoes.  This is because, combined with the size of my feet, it would render me unfeminine (in my opinion) and I don't wish to look overtly masculine - also worn with slim or skinny jeans my plates of meat would look ridiculously large - akin to water skis.  

So, how are your guitar lessons getting on, you may ask?  Well, thank you for showing an interest, it's hugely appreciated.  Well, slowly, that's for sure - I just wish I was more naturally gifted in this area.  I mean, I can sing, but only by ear, but playing an instrument is a completely new ballgame, despite my electronic keyboard sitting in the corner of the dining room, slightly unloved.  I should be practicing for thirty minutes per day but I don't tend to adhere to that - my fingers really hurt after a while.  I'm also having to cut my nails down even more and I don't really like that.  Sigh, I suppose I have to suffer for my art!

No comments:

Post a Comment