Thursday 18 October 2012

Thursday: Steel-capped boots, blisters, mud and moods!

I volunteered to assist with a major river's clean up this morning and boy, wasn't it squidgy?  Last night's rain sure caused a complete quagmire and I fell over twice on my rear.  I did get the resident photographer to snap the results though, which he duly did.  If you're turned on by mud though, please allow me to explain just how dense and glutenous it really was - the colour was variegated shades of black and grey and when I stuck the spade in there were a fine selection of red worms wriggling about in the dirty abyss.

Footwear wise, it was the Next biker boots which were exchanged for a pair of regulation steel toe-capped work boots (sexy!)  They were very hot to wear and made my sports socks feel very clammy indeed.  They also made my blister worse, which isn't good.  I enclose a picture of the aforementioned heel sore for your interest and information....

Until next time x

No comments:

Post a Comment