Monday 22 October 2012

Monday: mist, cleated soles and new slippers

Today I woke to a world of misty wonder and shod myself accordingly.  I wore my Doctor Martens Mariella knee-length tan boots today which feature a two inch block heel and cleated sole.  I love these boots, but they are rucking up at the back of the heel and have caused a blister, which isn't nice.  Boots such as there are pretty essential at the moment because all of the autumn leaves are making the pavements slippery and I nearly aquaplaned myself into oblivion the other day whilst wearing my Converse. 

I also decided to purchase a pair of fake ugg/faux sheepskin boots to replace the ones I'm selling on eBay at the moment, so I went to a couple of shops but was dismayed to find that they don't stock large slippers in most stores (boo!)  Therefore I went to good old Shoe Zone and I'm not sure whether you've ever ventured inside but it seems to boast the world's largest selection of non-leather shoes, but they do stock size 9 ladies shoes, so I cannot complain too loudly.  First I tried on a knitted style bootee which was on special offer but the size 9 didn't fit and my poor toes hit the end.  Therefore I ended up purchasing a black version of the ones I already own.  I'm wearing them now and they do need a bit of bedding in because they're a tad slippery at the moment.

Bye for now x







No comments:

Post a Comment